Thursday, August 30, 2012

Journal #3

If I were ever captured and taken hostage like Mary Rowlandson it would be a huge understatement to say that I would be scared. I would mostly likely be all alone without any help, and if others were with me chances are that the captors would hurt them in addition to myself. I speculate that when I would first be taken I would shut down emotionally. I would probably start to become paranoid and think of all the bad things that could happen to me while I was being held captive. This would keep me freaked out for several days, and my only hope would be that there was someone out in the world looking for me. I think slowly after being captured I would become more accustomed to my mew surroundings and situation. It would take al long time for me to become settled probably because the people holding me hostage would most likely not be all that nice to me. They would not really care if they kept me fed and sheltered if they did not need me alive. I have lived a very soft and comfortable life, and the mistreatment and neglect would take its toll on me. When I became used to my new surroundings and the people that had captured me, I think that I would try to escape. I am a very stubborn person and when I want something to happen, I make sure it happens. I would do everything in my power to escape my prison, even if it meant waiting my captors out. See, I bet that the people holding me hostage would start to get lazy after awhile of me not trying to escape. Just a slip of a little information would help me, and I would watch and wait for my chance to escape. When I would make my escape I wouldn't hold back, and just run for my life until I found someone or something that could get me back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment