Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Journal 4

A long trip that I have taken was when I went to Boston. This trip had a large impact on my life. I went to Boston when I was fourteen. To get to Boston my mother and I flew and this was my first flight that I had taken since I was very young, and made me realize how much I love flying in airplanes. When I got to Boston I stayed at a hotel that was right on the Atlantic. I had never before seen an ocean before, and I couldn't stop myself from admiring the strange beauty the chaotic turning of the gray waves created. My trip to Boston also gave me a chance to explore the all of the historic significance the city had to offer. I have always enjoyed studying history and it is my favorite subject. While in Boston, I was submerged in history and it was fascinating. It seemed to me that on almost every street in Boston had some significance. For example, I was able to see the warship the U.S.S. Constitution also nicknamed "Old Ironsides". I was also able to visit Paul Revere's home on the Freedom Trail, and see many important places like Boston Harbor where the Boston tea party took place. Besides history, Boston also had a large mix of different cultures in it that I found fascinating. In one part of the city was a "Little Italy" full of Italian restaurants that fulfilled promises of some of the world's best pizza. Boston also had a strong presence of Irish culture within the city as well due to all the people there that were descendants of Irish immigrants. Overall, I decided that I loved my trip to Boston and would jump at the chance to go back. I loved everything from the food, shopping, history, and the cold and rainy weather. This trip had such a huge impact on me because it made me discover how much I loved to travel and experience new things like different cultures. It also made me realize how important history is and it seemed to come alive in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment