Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Journal 22


I sat at my desk doodling on the scrap piece of paper as the teacher drowned on. As I shaded in my beautiful drawing of Allie, I heard a great commotion in the room. My head flew up and I looked around in bemusement trying to figure out what was happening in the class. All of my classmates were running to the windows while the teacher tried to control the new chaos of the classroom. Curious, I disobeyed the teacher's orders and rushed to the windows as well my drawing forgotten. Being too short to see over the heads of my classmates, I stood up on my tiptoes trying to see what was the cause of all of the chaos. I pushed my way into the crowd.I elbowed my way into so I could get through the masses until I reached the window. My mouth opened in surprise and I involuntarily gasped. Outside the barren landscape was becoming a winter wonderland.Ice laced the trees and the ground. The whole world was suddenly filled with glitter as the sun hit the ice. It was so beautiful.Soft snowflakes danced through the air and fell gracefully to the ground.Slowly, but surely a good amount of snow was accumulating on the ground. I put my hand on the glass of the window longing to be outside instead of confined in the classroom. I would have to wait too many hours until I could be outside in the cold snow. I resented not being out there immediately and wanted to relish in the bitingly cold air. My thoughts wondered to the quality of the snow. Would it be wet enough to make a proper snowman or a snowball? My daydreams of snow vanished as the teacher regained control of the class once again. I sat back in my seat and looked out the window, and waited until I could be a part of that wonderful glittering world.

No comments:

Post a Comment