Thursday, February 7, 2013

Journal 27

Sometimes life does not work out the way you expected. Sometimes it ends up being for the good, but sometimes you also can be disappointed by the outcome. For example, I was just watching a basketball game. The team that I was rooting for was down several points, and I expected my team to lose the game. The other team was also known to be very good and was ranked number one in the whole conference, while the team I supported was known to be kind of bad because they had lost several of their last couple games. I was not really invested in the game until I saw that the underdog was not that many points behind. Unfortunately, the other team was able to get a lot of points and I thought the game was over. Little did I know how wrong I would end up being. In an amazing comeback my team was able to score many points and the game became almost tied. At this point the game was almost over. Before I knew it, my team had tied with the very good team. My heart was beating hard in my chest as I watched the clock quickly wind down. The other team was in possession of the ball and they had a very good offense. I thought that they were going to score and therefore win the game. Suddenly,  a player on the underdog team was able to steal the ball and run down the court to his basket. A player from the other team swatted the ball away in the air, and it went out of bounds. At this point, there was less than a second left and my team now had possession. When the other team went to guard the player with the ball, they neglected to see one guy was not guarded. That guy was passed the ball and he did a perfect layup right as the buzzer went off! The underdog had won!

No comments:

Post a Comment