Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Journal 25

To give someone something is the best thing one can do in the world. I really enjoy giving people things, and it excites me to see the look on somebody's  face when they see what I have given them. This happened this year during Christmas. This year I got my brother Michael the DVD of the Disney movie Hercules. When he unwrapped the present, I loved the look of happiness on his face as he looked at the movie he had loved in his childhood. For Christmas I also got a movie for my brother Danny. Even though he kind of knew what I was going to get him, he was still happy to receive it. I also enjoyed watching my dad opened the present that I got him. This year for Christmas I got him a piggy bank. I laughed as I watched the confusion grow on his face. He had no idea why I got him a piggy bank! Almost everyday my brother sneaks in and steals my Dad's quarters. I got my dad the piggy bank, so my brother could no longer take his quarters. After I explained all of this to him, he laughed and was glad to have it. Not only do I like to give gifts, but I also like to receive gifts from people. I hope not to sound materialistic  but it makes me feel good that someone thought of me and wanted to give me something. This happened in eighth grade when my wonderful friend Jenni gave me a snow globe for Christmas. I was so touched that she thought to get me something and was so generous to give me something. To this very day I still have that snow globe that my dear friend Jenni gave me. Every time that I look at it I feel good inside and remember the happy feeling that I felt when Jenni gave me that snow globe.Giving is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment