Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Journal 26

In my particular area in which I reside, we have many local customs and traditions. One such specialty in the area in which I live is a delicious food called a Horseshoe. Horseshoes can only be found in the place I live and honestly that is a sad thing for the whole world. A Horseshoe is first made with a toasted piece of bread. Next, you put a piece of meat on the bread. A hamburger patty is traditionally used for this part of the Horseshoe. Some people like to use chicken or Italian beef. After adding meat, french fries in all their golden deliciousness is added to said Horseshoe. After the french fries comes a cheese sauce that varies on the place where you order your horseshoe. I like to then add ketchup and voila you have a hot and yummy dish in front of you. Do you want to know what is not a specialty to the area in which I live? Egg rolls are not specific to where I live, but they are so good that I thought they should be written about. Today at lunch I had an egg roll. It was so delicious but it was also a little bit on the greasy side. I am really excited to get home tonight. I am so excited because a book that I ordered from the Internet. I have been  waiting for this book because it is part of a series that I have read for a very long time. I have been waiting eight long months for this book to come out and I can barely contain my excitement as I write this blog. I cannot wait for this weekend, so I will have a lot of time to read my book. At the same time I feel really sad because the next book in the series does not come out until November and I will have to wait all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment