Monday, November 5, 2012

Journal 13



Honestly, I do not feel that I learned very much from this project. I feel that we had already analyzed Franklin's virtues enough in class that I really did not need to do a project on it for a couple of weeks. The virtues were pretty easy to understand and I really did not gain much from doing the extra analysis on it. I did learn how to communicate with group members that did not go to my school. By having people from different schools in my group, I was able to see other people's perspectives on Benjamin Franklin and his thirteen virtues. I also did not like how much we had to depend on technology so much in this project. My Internet connection at home is pretty slow and frustrating. I also had to use technology that I had never used before. This could have helped me gain some knowledge about the computer, but I do not think that I will ever need to use programs like Xtranormal again ever for a school project or anything else.Sometimes Gmail would not work and I could not communicate with my group members.
I think that several things can be done to make this project better. First, I would get rid of the group video part. Everything that was in the video was already compiled on the group page, making the video part unnecessary. I also did not think the video was useful because one person had to be the video editor. This person had to do much more work on the video portion than everyone else did. The project was also very complex. There were too many parts to it and too many deadlines. This made me very confused about all of the things that I had to do and when I needed to do it by. I think that we should have taken more time to look over the project and have it explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment