Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Journal 15




One person that I miss is my brother Michael. I used to see him all the time, but now he is away at college. The college that he now attends is a several hour drive, so I do not see him often. Most weekends he cannot come home because he works at the college and has to work on the weekends, and has to give up a lot of time to come down and see us.Thankfully, many of today's modern conveniences help us keep in touch. For example, any time I want to talk to him I can text him. This provides an instantaneous way to communicate with each other. I also sometimes call him because I feel that phone calls are a more personal way of communication than texting. Besides, when I call him I do not have to wait for him to see that he has a new text, and he can respond immediately. Another way that my brother and I keep in touch is through visiting each other. He will get a long winter break so I will be able to see him then and catch up with him. Also, sometimes my parents and I drive up to his college for the weekend to see him and visit. Overall, everyone is always excited to see each other and we have a lot of fun. Despite the convenience of technology, sometimes the best way to stay in touch with someone is to visit them. Visiting someone and seeing them face to face I think is the best way to stay in touch mostly because you can create new memories with your loved one while actually being with them. Phone calls and text messages are not memorable at all and can only build a relationship so much before you fall out of touch with them. It is easy to fall out of touch because you are no longer have any experiences with them and are no longer a part of their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment