Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Journal 18

As I pondered the multitude of eyes beaming at me from the magnificent creature, it jumped out of the bush and bit me. I screamed and the mountain lion glared at me with its many eyes before it ran off into the cover of the trees. I was aware of a throbbing pain in my left hand, and looked down to see a gruesome sight. My middle finger had been taken off completely by the wicked beast. I frantically dropped to the ground and crawled on my hands and knees looking for the remainder of my mangled finger. I could only see by the moon light filtered by the trees in the forest. I slowly inched my hands across the cool soil of the ground, but I did not find my finger. As the shock of the attack wore off my hand was immersed in increased pain. Without finding my finger, I stood up and brushed myself off. An anger was rising up in my heart and I cried out. "I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE YOU DIRTY ROTTEN MUTANT MOUNTAIN LION!" I was delirious from the attack and could have sworn that I heard the mutant mountain lion chuckle off in the cover of the trees. With despair I retreated back the way I had come before my encounter with the devious mountain lion. I was just to emerge from the forest and unto a hiking path when I heard a  rattling noise in a nearby bush. I stopped dead in my tracks and listened closely. I did not dare to even breath lest I give myself away to what was in that bush. The rattling stopped and I was about to continue on my way, until I spotted the glow of multiple eyes in the bush. I gasped for I was once again face to face with my attacker. He lept out of the bush with my finder between his yellowed teeth. His lips curled upward with a sneer. Then I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment