Friday, March 8, 2013

Journal 33



Sometimes life becomes stressful and you just need to take some time out of your schedule to reduce stress and reconnect with yourself. There are many activities that help me do this. My favorite thing to reduce stress is to read. I love reading because it takes me to a whole other world where I do not have to worry about what is going on in my life. For a couple hours I get to be in the mind of someone else and not mine. For me reading books is like going to see a movie. Except with a book my mind creates the whole world and if I do not like it I can visualize it differently. Another way that I get rid of stress and reconnect myself is by taking a nap. Sleeping is the best thing in the world after a long week. Sleeping helps me feel refreshed and relaxed. In some ways sleeping also lets me reconnect with myself. It does this by giving me a look at my self conscious through what kind of dreams I am having. Sometimes dreams help me to evaluate myself and realize what is really bothering me in the real world. I also like to be with the people that I love when I am feeling stressed. They make me feel better by just being around. I also feel like I can just be myself with them and not the person everyone thinks I should be. Being myself just takes the weight of the world off of my shoulders and lets me get back to who I really am. Another thing that helps me to relax is meditation. At first when I meditate I am a little bit bored and restless. Yet, as I continue to do it I feel better and better. Meditation really helps me to think in that it clears away all of the thoughts that are concerning me. Overall, I do many things to get rid of stress and reconnect with myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment