Thursday, March 7, 2013

Journal 34


When  many people think of Self they just think of maybe one or two aspects that make them up and not their whole Self. For this journal I am supposed to describe my Self like Walt Whitman did. There is one problem with this though. I do not think that I know my whole Self. I believe that you discover a little bit about yourself everyday. I learn things about myself when I face the obstacles of everyday life. Maybe it will take me a lifetime of soul searching to find out who I am. Also, what happens when I change? Everyone changes. So, my Self is something that is constantly forming and reforming. This makes it hard to pinpoint my Self at this specific period of time. Self is supposed to be all the different parts that make up you, but what if one day I am feeling a certain way towards something and then the next I am in someway influenced. My whole perspective on a certain topic may have changed just in little over twenty four hours. I, however, will try to explain my Self, as I am in exactly this one moment of my life. I think that part of my Self right now is focused on doing what I believe what is right and what is wrong. This is very important to me. Sometimes I do something without thinking and I always will try to do my best to fix this in whatever way that I can. It is important to me that I lead a life that I can be proud of and not regret doing something I should not have. Another part of my Self is that I am a dreamer. I think that it is so very important to dream big. Sometimes you fail to meet your goal, and that is alright as long as you tried your best. By aiming high I also set myself to a specific standard in which to lead my life.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is very insightful and I believe to be true too. I came on here to get more insight about Fahrenheit 451 and stumbled upon this. You are a very great writer. Keep up the good work! By the way, I like your name. My name is Katie too:)
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete