Sunday, March 10, 2013

Journal 36



One of the most important things in life is to be yourself. You have to be true to yourself. I believe that if you are not, you will never truly be happy. By being yourself you are able to be the person that you were meant to be and not the person that others want you to be. If you are not yourself than you are fake, and living a lie takes a toll on your whole life. Why live your life trying to be somebody else when there is only one of you? I always try to be myself because I have only one lifetime and I want to make the best of it. An example of me being myself is coming up with my own ideas. Some people follow others blindly and just agree to whatever they say. I try my best not to do this. I try to research the topic and come up with the best conclusion for me. I always also doubt everything I hear a little bit especially when it comes from the media. Everyone has their own agenda and sometimes they are not giving you the message that is best for you. I like to come to my own conclusions, but I am also open to what other people think. I think that creating your own ideas are important because it is something no one can take from you. They can never make you believe something if you do not want to believe it. Forming your own ideas makes up part of you that is an individual and not just a part of the masses. Your ideas are a part of you and when you follow in what you believe in you are being true to yourself. Overall, I think being yourself is very important. When you are true to yourself you are able to do the thing that is right for you, and you are able to live a happy and successful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment