Thursday, March 7, 2013

Journal 35



When looking back at the blog I did all the way back in September, I noticed that my writing seems to be much different. I would not say my writing is better or worse now, but just different.  One of the differences that I noticed was that my writing seemed to be a lot more formal when writing in the blog format. Now that we use a different website for posting our assignments, the post seems much more relaxed and a part of a discussion. I really like this because now my writing is not as dull and stiff as it used to be. I also like commenting on other people's posts in theory because I think it helps to see the way that they see the answer to the question. In practice though the comment box is super annoying and freezes. This makes me mad. My writing also used to have both an introduction and a conclusion, which is a consequence of the more relaxed discussion posts that we now do instead. I also noted that I had a lot of quotes. My writing still uses many quotes to support what I am trying to say. I have also noticed that I use a lot more support for my statements    then I used too. This is one way that my writing has changed for the better. Now I use literary criticisms more, which uses the thoughts of experts. Since I am using the thoughts of experts, this supports what I am trying to say. This has really helped me improve my writing. I also think that I have gotten better at citing my sources than I used to be. I am much more comfortable with using parenthetical citations because I now have to use them in every single thing that I write about.   Overall, only some aspects of my writing has changed. Some of the change is good like how I am comfortable using citations.

No comments:

Post a Comment